The Association of Lithuanian Serials was formed in 2010. Recently it is an umbrella organisation for approximately 120 Lithuanian research journals published by 20 members.
Mission of the association is to use its best endeavours to unite the Lithuanian research journal publishers and to promote the development and cooperative use of new and innovative technologies to speed and facilitate scholarly research.
Purposes and tasks of activities of the Association
1. Develop journal publishing in Lithuania.
2. Prepare and carry out projects of advanced technologies and innovations, related to the journal publishing.
3. Represent and defend the interests of the Association members and its associate members in state and municipality institutions as well as in relationship with international organizations and other publishing organizations.
4. Collaborate with foreign and international associations as well as other organizations performing activities of associations.
5. Develop ethical principles in scholarly publishing, take care of training for the members of the Association and create publishing sector education policy.
6. Coordinate, organize and support participation of publishers in state as well as international book and other publications fairs, conferences, etc.
7. Develop exchange programmes between the members of the Association, etc.
President Eleonora Dagienė, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Chair of the Council Rita Vaičekauskaitė, Klaipėda University
Eglė Gaulė, Kaunas University of Technology
Vincentas Lamanauskas, Scientific methodical centre “Scientia Educologica”
Tatjana Švec-Kurapkė, Mykolas Romeris University
Edmundas Kazimieras Zavadskas, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Treasurer Prof. Eugenijus Chlivickas, Finansų ministerijos mokymo centras